Answered By: Sebastien Marion Last Updated: Oct 13, 2015 Views: 78
A. Renew by phone
Call an NYIT Library at:
- Education Hall Library: 516.686.1448
- Manhattan Library: 212.261.1526
- Medicine Library: 516.686.3743
- Wisser Memorial Library: 516.686.7657.
Have your library card handy. Most materials may be renewed twice for the same period as the original loan, unless another reader has placed a "hold" on the item. If items are overdue, or if you have outstanding fines or fees, you cannot renew your items until the fines or fees are paid.
B. Renew online
At the library’s home page, under “Find Resources” select “NYIT Library Catalog”.
- On the Bearcat main page, select “My Account”
- Select “Renew My Materials”
- Enter your User ID (barcode on your NYIT ID card)
- Enter your Library Pin
- Select “List Charged Items”
A box will appear telling you whether or not the item has been renewed.
C. Renew in person
Bring the item(s) in question in to any NYIT branch and take it to the Circulation Desk. We will renew the items for you.
What if my books are overdue? How much are fines?
If you have overdue materials, the library will mail you reminder letters. If you think the letters may be in error, please bring them to the library. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to give you information about your library records or adjust them over the telephone. For more information, please select the “Library Policies” from the library’s home page.