Answered By: Innovation Labs Last Updated: Jun 30, 2020 Views: 6
Answered By: Innovation Labs
Last Updated: Jun 30, 2020 Views: 6
There are a variety of different communities of people who contribute their ready-to-print designs.
Download Pre-Made Designs
- Thingiverse - Find ready-to-print designs of all types. made by members of the Thingiverse online community
- Clara.io - Selection of 3D designs, made available for free by the cloud-based 3D modeling, animation and rendering software company.
- Sketchfab - A community of over half a million creators contributing over a million 3D models
- Pinshape Marketplace - A curated selection of premium and free STL files.
- Threeding - 3D design marketplace with many free design availalbe
- My Mini Factory - A curated social platform for 3D printable objects.
3D Design Software - Free
- Tinkercad - Web-based, easy-to-use 3d design software. No design experience required.
- FreeCAD - A free and open-source (under the LGPLv2+ license) general-purpose parametric 3D CAD modeler. Available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Printing Preparation Software
- Cura Lulzbot Edition - Free Software program that prepares your files for printing on the Lulzbot Taz6 printer. Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- MakerBot Desktop - Software for creating a printable object from an STL file- For Makerbot Z18 printer. Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- MakerBot Print - Software for creating a printable object from an STL file- For Makerbot Z18 printer. Available for Windows and Mac